French-Style Green Lentil
Small, dense green lentils hold their shape for salads and more.
Small, meaty green lentils famous as a side dish, in stews, soups, and even salads.
West Coast-grown for our own unique terroir. These lentils are very similar to lentilles du Puy, which must be grown in France.
Size: 1 Lb bag
Out of stock
- About the Brand
Rancho Gordo was founded by Steven Sando
- How to Use
* To cook the Lentils :
1. Rinse the lentils and check for organic matter and discard.
2. In a large saucepan, combine the lentils, 6 cups water, and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce the heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, until the lentils are tender to the bite, 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Drain the lentils well and transfer to a large bowl. This cooked lentils can be used in different dishes.
* Lentil and Potato Stew
1. In a heavy, large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add 2 garlic cloves and ¼ minced onion and stir 30 seconds. Add 4 cups water, bay leaf, 1 cup French -Style Green Lentils, and ½ pound cubed potatoes; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until lentils and potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. Add more boiling water if needed.
2. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Divide among bowls and top with pumpkin seeds and herbs, if desired.
* Lentil with sun-dried tomatoes and chicken/walnuts and feta
-Add ½ teaspoon salt, minced sun-dried tomatoes and oil, a clove of garlic,
3 tablespoons of parsley, and vinegar.
-Stir gently to mix.
-Mound the cooked lentils onto a platter.
-Top with the cheese and chicken or walnuts.
-Garnish with some slivers of sun-dried tomato and feta.
-Sprinkle with the remaining1 tablespoon parsley.
-Serve at room temperature.
Out of stock