BURLAP AND BARREL
Sweet Pepper Paprika
Burlap & Barrel’s Sweet Pepper Paprika comes from southeastern Turkey,
where peppers are a way of life.
This is a sweeter variety of our Silk Chili flakes, with all the flavor of sweet peppers and none of the heat.
• Origin: Kahramanmaras, Turkey
• Process: Sun-dried, then ground
• Ingredients: 100% sweet red peppers (Capsicum annuum)
• Tasting notes: Sun-dried Tomato • Bell Pepper • Caramelized Onion
Size: 1.8 oz glass jar OR 16.0 oz plastic container
Out of stock
- About the Brand
Burlap & Barrel founded by Ethan Frisch a native New Yorker, entrepreneur and activist around food systems and social justice. Ethan has worked in kitchens as a line cook and pastry chef in New York and London, and as the chef behind Guerrilla Ice Cream and Ori Zohar who is an experienced social entrepreneur and the co-founder of Burlap & Barrel, where he leads the company's domestic operations, eCommerce and finances. Burlap & Barrel is a Public Benefit Corporation building new international food supply chains that are equitable, transparent and traceable. They are working towards ending inequality and exploitation in food systems that disenfranchise skilled farmers by Connecting smallholder farmers to high-value markets, Educating consumers about the impact of product traceability on human rights and Sourcing unique foods with terroir that are grown biodynamically and organically using traditional techniques.
- How to Use
• Add to soups, stews and chilis
• Coat veggies or chicken with olive oil and rub with paprika
• Use in any classic Hungarian dishes that call for paprika
• Pairs well with: Zanzibar Black Peppercorns, Nile Coriander, Herati Saffron
It's a perfect alternative to other unsmoked or Hungarian-style paprikas. Add it to soups and stews, or use as a rub for meat or vegetables.
Origin: Kahramanmaras, Turkey
Process: Sun-dried, then ground
Ingredients: 100% sweet red peppers (Capsicum annuum)
Tasting notes: Sun-dried Tomato • Bell Pepper • Caramelized Onion
Out of stock