- You cannot add "Flowering Hyssop Thyme" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
BURLAP AND BARREL
Flowering Hyssop Thyme
Burlap & Barrel’s Flowering Hyssop Thyme is a very special herb that’s only grown in the Middle East.
It has an ancient history of culinary and medicinal usage, and it has a beautiful floral, herbaceous flavor and aroma.
• Origin: Denizli, Turkey
• Process: Sun-dried
• Ingredients: 100% hyssop thyme (Thymus capitatus)
• Tasting notes: Lavender • Wild Herbs • Pine
Size: 0.8 oz glass jar OR 6.0 oz plastic container
Out of stock
- About the Brand
Burlap & Barrel founded by Ethan Frisch a native New Yorker, entrepreneur and activist around food systems and social justice. Ethan has worked in kitchens as a line cook and pastry chef in New York and London, and as the chef behind Guerrilla Ice Cream and Ori Zohar who is an experienced social entrepreneur and the co-founder of Burlap & Barrel, where he leads the company's domestic operations, eCommerce and finances. Burlap & Barrel is a Public Benefit Corporation building new international food supply chains that are equitable, transparent and traceable. They are working towards ending inequality and exploitation in food systems that disenfranchise skilled farmers by Connecting smallholder farmers to high-value markets, Educating consumers about the impact of product traceability on human rights and Sourcing unique foods with terroir that are grown biodynamically and organically using traditional techniques.
- How to Use
• Add to stocks, soups, stews - especially your tomato sauces
• Toss with vegetables, olive oil, salt, pepper and chili flakes before cooking
• Infuse into your butter and use it to baste your meats or veggies
• Pairs well with: Cured Sumac, Wild Mountain Cumin, Smoked Pimentón Paprika
Use it in place of regular thyme with roasted chicken, grilled vegetables and tomato sauces.
Origin: Denizli, Turkey
Ingredients: 100% hyssop thyme (Thymus capitatus)
Tasting notes: Lavender • Wild Herbs • Pine
Out of stock