BURLAP AND BARREL
Cloud Forest Cardamom (Ground)
Burlap & Barrel’s cardamom is grown on a single estate in the cloud forests of Alta Verapaz, Guatemala, on a biodynamic farm, using traditional organic methods.
The farm emphasizes workers’ rights, sustainability and fair business practices.
This is sweet and tart, reminiscent of summer fruits, fresh herbs and cut grass.
This ground cardamom is made from whole pods ground into a coarse powder, which has the added benefit of thickening dishes, thanks to the cardamom pod’s husk.
• Origin: Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
• Aliases: green cardamom, yellow cardamom, elaichi, hel
• Process: Hot-air-dried
• Ingredients: 100% whole cardamom pods (Elettaria cardamomum)
• Tasting notes: Ginger • Apricots • Jungle Flowers
Size: 1.7 oz glass jar OR 12 oz plastic container.
Burlap & Barrel Cloud Forest Cardamom (Ground) is sweet and tart, reminiscent of summer fruits, fresh herbs and cut grass.
- About the Brand
Burlap & Barrel founded by Ethan Frisch a native New Yorker, entrepreneur and activist around food systems and social justice. Ethan has worked in kitchens as a line cook and pastry chef in New York and London, and as the chef behind Guerrilla Ice Cream and Ori Zohar who is an experienced social entrepreneur and the co-founder of Burlap & Barrel, where he leads the company's domestic operations, eCommerce and finances. Burlap & Barrel is a Public Benefit Corporation building new international food supply chains that are equitable, transparent and traceable. They are working towards ending inequality and exploitation in food systems that disenfranchise skilled farmers by Connecting smallholder farmers to high-value markets, Educating consumers about the impact of product traceability on human rights and Sourcing unique foods with terroir that are grown biodynamically and organically using traditional techniques.
- How to Use
• Throw a few pods while baking or sautéing chicken
• Cook down with a fruit juice for a savory/sweet sauce
• Add a few pods to your masala chai
• Add in Shrimp preparation
• Add in Ice Cream
• Add a couple (finely ground) in your sweet dishes.
• Add in your soups.
• Add a couple of pods in Pilaf
• Pairs well with: Wild Mountain Cumin, New Harvest Turmeric, Ground Cinnamon Verum
Origin: Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
Aliases: green cardamom, yellow cardamom, elaichi, hel
Ingredients: 100% whole cardamom pods (Elettaria cardamomum)
Tasting notes: Ginger • Apricots • Jungle Flowers