BURLAP AND BARREL
Burlap & Barrel’s Ground Black Lime is grown on a family farm in Guatemala,
where ripe limes are dried in the sun until they oxidize, turning black and savory.
• Origin: Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
• Aliases: limu omani, Persian lime, Omani lime
• Process: Sun-dried, then ground
• Ingredients: 100% sun-dried Persian lime (Citrus latifolia), ground
• Tasting notes: Bright Citrus • Garden Herbs • Tanned Leather
Size: 1.7 oz glass jar OR 16.0 oz plastic container
- About the Brand
Burlap & Barrel founded by Ethan Frisch a native New Yorker, entrepreneur and activist around food systems and social justice. Ethan has worked in kitchens as a line cook and pastry chef in New York and London, and as the chef behind Guerrilla Ice Cream and Ori Zohar who is an experienced social entrepreneur and the co-founder of Burlap & Barrel, where he leads the company's domestic operations, eCommerce and finances. Burlap & Barrel is a Public Benefit Corporation building new international food supply chains that are equitable, transparent and traceable. They are working towards ending inequality and exploitation in food systems that disenfranchise skilled farmers by Connecting smallholder farmers to high-value markets, Educating consumers about the impact of product traceability on human rights and Sourcing unique foods with terroir that are grown biodynamically and organically using traditional techniques.
- How to Use
• Sprinkle into rice, soups, fish and kebabs
• Toss with vegetables prior to roasting
• Use as garnish for cocktails, especially sours and margaritas
• Pairs well with: Black Urfa Chili, Wild Mountain Cumin, Smoked Pimentón Paprika
A versatile ingredient common in Persian cooking, they have a savory, tart flavor
that's great on roasted meat or vegetables,
in stews and anywhere you'd use lime juice.
It's also a good alternative to makrut / kaffir lime in southeast Asian dishes.
Origin: Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
Aliases: limu omani, Persian lime, Omani lime
Process: Sun-dried, then ground
Ingredients: 100% sun-dried Persian lime (Citrus latifolia), ground
Tasting notes: Bright Citrus • Garden Herbs • Tanned Leather